And Then There Were Two: 7 Myths About Having Boys                                                          

7 Myths About Having Boys

    
When you have boys (especially exclusively and more than one), you get quoted a lot of stuff.

Some of it is true and helpful. Most of it is a load of rubbish. Case in point:

1: "I suppose you'll try for a girl".
Sometimes not even a question just a statement. Yes, I am a woman. So I automatically want baby girls? Please see here.

2: "Those gorgeous long eyelashes are wasted on him aren't they?"
Nope. Pretty sure they serve the same purpose as the eyelashes of other human beings.

3. "He wont want the pink one will he?"
If his pink doll pram, pink toothbrush and pink teddy are anything to go by, then it would seem that, actually, he isn't averse to pink.

4. "Wait 'til they're older and they gang up on you with Daddy!"
How terrifying. I can't wait.

5. "At least you wont have to worry as much when they're teenagers as you would if they were girls."
Yes, you're probably right. My boys will hit thirteen and I will cease to care about them.

6. "A son is a son until he takes a wife. A daughter is a daughter for the rest of your life."
How uplifting. If he takes a husband do I get to keep him?

7. "Ooh you've got your hands full".
Nothing compared to my heart.



Pink Pear Bear
My Kid Doesn't Poop Rainbows

Labels: