And Then There Were Two: One Day You'll Sleep                                                          

One Day You'll Sleep

    
Five in the morning is your 'get-up' of late
Which of course, means it's 'get-up' for me
But I'll cuddle you now until the sun has come up
Because I know that One Day You'll Sleep

Sometimes you'll wake for four hours at night
But I suppose a full night's rest can keep
So I'll cuddle you now until you drift back off
Because I know that One Day You'll Sleep

When I'm tucked up in bed and then you start to stir
Sometimes I feel I could weep
But I'll cuddle you now 'cos I can't bear your cry
And I know that One Day You'll Sleep

Naps recently are a thing of the past
A whole night asleep is a dream
So I'll cuddle you now so at least you can rest
Because I know that One Day You'll Sleep

I know there'll come a time when you sleep through the night
And snooze without making a peep
So I'll cuddle you now whilst I know I still can
Because I know that One Day You'll Sleep



Run Jump Scrap!

Labels: , ,